1. How many and what films did you go to? - I saw two films, With Great Power and The Dance of the Two Left Feet.
2. Why did you choose those particular films? - My friend and I both picked one movie to go see. With our busy schedules, we wanted to see more than one, so it made sense that we would both get a film of our choice and make the time to go and see them. I wanted to see 'With Great Power' because I'm a comic book fiend and want to make video games one day. The process of creating characters and art fascinates me.
3. Which Social and Media Press Event did you attend?
- I attended the opening press conference. It was a good chance for photos and for listening about what I could expect from HIFF.
4. What was the highlight of the film festival for you personally?
- I really enjoyed the Q&A at the end of 'The Dance of the Two Left Feet'. It was both interesting and informative and gave me a chance to see into the minds of one of the people who had worked on the project.
5. What did participating in HIFF mean to you, and what did you learn in general?
- I thought that HIFF was an excellent opportunity to expose myself to works that I might not have seen otherwise. It gave me new insight into the culture of the independent film, since I had never participated in something like this before.
6. Have any of the films influenced you in any way or challenged your ideas or values?
- Although I don't feel like my beliefs or values have changed because of either of the films I saw, I now have the overwhelming urge to draw dancers because of 'The Dance of the Two Left Feet'.
7. Was there something you enjoyed or hated about the film(s) you saw, perhaps something you are still thinking about?
- I found both of the films that I saw to be highly enjoyable and informative. I just wish that the computer update message hadn't popped up during one of them. Since that was taken care of quickly though, I wasn't really annoyed.
8. What did you learn about the different cultures represented at HIFF?
- Since I've lived overseas a lot, I didn't see anything that I didn't already know about the cultures that I saw represented. Instead, they served as pleasant reminders of what I'd already learned and experienced.
9. Is this collaboration a useful learning or professional experience?
- Yes, since people are always going to have to work together in most fields they go into. A large event like this that was pulled off so well is a good example of what happens when like-minded people work togteher.
10. Would you recommend HIFF to a friend or family member? If so, why?
- Yes, I would. I thought that it was fun and well planned out and would not hesitate to return with my friends and family next time.