1. How many and what films did you see? I saw 4 films at the Hawaii International Film Festival.
2. Why did you choose those particular films? I chose these films because they seemed like films that I would enjoy watching personally.
3. Which Social and Media Press Event did you attend? I attended the Opening Day Press Conference.
4. What the highlight of the film festival for you personally? I enjoyed going to the film shorts program because there was a lot of films in short intervals that I did not get bored. Also a many of the film shorts were very emotional whether it be comical or tragic.
5. What did participating in HIFF mean to you, and what did you learn in general? I was very happy in going to HIFF because I was able to see the results of a lot of people’s work.
6. Have any of the films influenced you in any way or challenged your ideas or values? Many of the film shorts showed me the comical side on some very serious situations. So the influence is that there is comedy everywhere.
7. Was there something you enjoyed or hated about the film(s) you saw, perhaps something you are still thinking about? I cannot say how much I enjoyed the short film program #3 and I also I enjoyed With Great Power: A Stan Lee Story, mainly because I am a very big Marvel Comics fan.
8. What did you learn about the different cultures represented at HIFF? I did not learn much about the different culture in the films that I saw, but I saw a lot of cultures present in these films.
9. Is this collaboration a useful learning or professional experience? This collaboration is a very useful learning experience because then the students get to see the amount of work it takes to make a film.
10. Would you recommend HIFF to a friend or family member? If so, why? I would recommend it to a friend because there were a lot of films that very good. I feel that it makes it even better knowing the fact that most of these films did not have a big budget.